A Nice Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Just sitting watching a nice fire and smoke coming out of the chimney..

The nice fire is in my oak fired grill with the whole grill covered with steaks and hamburger patties. The chimney is the one on the meat smoker with the pork butts and chickens in it.

74 degrees and beautiful outside today.

Yep, there are times when living south of the Mason-Dixon Line has it's advantages. 38 this morning and about 60 during the day, so just burning evenings. 3 restarts this weekend already.

This day is a fluke. We have had cold rain and strong winds for a while now with the days in the sixties. Nights are all trying to dip below forty. That is why a I am doing the fall meat routine today to load the freezer for winter,.

BrotherBart said:
Just sitting watching a nice fire and smoke coming out of the chimney..

The nice fire is in my oak fired grill with the whole grill covered with steaks and hamburger patties. The chimney is the one on the meat smoker with the pork butts and chickens in it.

74 degrees and beautiful outside today.

I hope Bart it is home made charcoal which is firing your barbecue,

Neil said:

I do all my grilling and meat smoking with oak off of the stacks. Love it.

Neil said:
BrotherBart said:
Neil said:

I do all my grilling and meat smoking with oak off of the stacks. Love it.

Good man Bart, I find these gas barbecues rubbish...wood or home made charcoal is the way to go

I bought a gas grill eight or nine years ago. After the third time using it I gutted it and built a fire in it. It went to the landfill not much later.

Sounds like a great day, I should of done something like that instead of watching those darn Packers lose for the second week in a row in OT. Grrr!

Gave up watching football because the made up playoffs after the strike in 1982 pissed me off and got my Sundays back. Gave up playing golf in 1986 and got my Saturdays back.

Status
Not open for further replies.