a quandry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guy01

Dec 16, 2007
northern PA
I was talking to a friend and former coworker who was lamenting the amount of sawdust, wood chips' and small wood pieces he throws away. So one of you guy's must know of a boiler/or stove he can use to heat his house. I'm thinking the corn type biomas boiler would be good but I'm still learning. Thanks for the help in advance

would he make his own pellets.

There are tons of machines out there.

A gasification boiler will burn that kind of stuff, as long as it's not too dry.

wouldn't sawdust come from kiln dried wood?

Ya I believe he said his stuff was 17 % moisture, but it kills me to see him use it for compost when he gets his web site up I'll post the link if I can figure out where to post ,it's georgous stuff he offered it to me for kindiling stuff but i don't need it

abgwd4u Do you have links he and I goofed around using our equipment at work and came close to making burnable pellets,but I haven't seen any retail machines
Guy

http://www.pelletpros.com

I know people who have used the big'uns on this and were happy with the dyes, service and support.

I don't know what kind of operation your friend is starting, but he may use something smaller.

Also notice they pedal baggers

Status
Not open for further replies.