A Question worth Asking.........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

What do you use to heat your home?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy1957

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2010
Connecticut
www.youtube.com
Please take a moment and indicate what your source of heat is, in your primary residence.

Thanks!

-Soupy1957

What about those of us with pellet furnace???

hossthehermit said:
What about those of us with pellet furnace???

Well, what *about* you? ;-)

Didn't set up the Poll from a functional point of view............tried to cover all the bases I needed. I don't think the programming is such that you can choose multiple answers. Perhaps I should have included an "Other" catagory, but for my purposes, I didn't need that info.

Thanks to everyone who has, and who WILL take the time to participate.............keep em coming!

-Soupy1957

Only 15 people? come on folks...........how many are Registered users in here?!

Please and thank you..........

-Soupy1957

Stand alone woodstove as my primary source of heat . . . oil boiler as back-up heat . . . and a small electric space heater for the room that contains the boiler room (to keep the pipes from freezing . . . which somehow seems a bit ironic to me.)

I answered *wood stove, but I really use electric, gas, and the Woodstove. It used to be primarily gas, secondary Woodstove, and three rooms with electric. Now it's a toss up between gas and wood stove between which is primary, but when it gets really cold I'll be able to tell a little better which is taking most of the load.

The furnace is rated at 92,000 (92% of 100,000) and cycles on and off. The stove (according to ESW) can put out 75,000BTU, but that would be even and continuous heat... You see why I feel they may be evenly matched. The big deal is that my three story (with the stove down in another split level) layout just isn't conducive to heating only with the stove anyway, so the furnace will be running no matter what I do in order to heat he second floor and help with the far rooms on the first floor.

Looks like I'm the first to chime in with a wood furnace. Sounds about right-I used to tell people I had a wood burning furnace and they'd say "oh you mean a wood stove" and I'd say "no-a wood burning forced air furnace-it blows hot air through my ductwork just like the oil furnace, etc..." Then they'd look at me like I had six heads...now I just say "wood stove" :lol:

When the lil woman is here, I am the heat source, BAMM!
Just sayin......

Voted a couple days ago Soupy, but our main source (and only functional source at the moment.....by choice) is stand alone wood stove.
Hog, it could be argued that when the "lil woman" is there, SHE's the heat source. Of course, we have no way of knowing so we'll have to take your word for it. :cheese:

Candles. Really, really big candles. But they smell nice.

Don't let the lil woman stop through VA on the way to PA Hog. You will have a very cold winter. :lol:

Poll question: What the hell is the objective of this poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.