A very perplexing problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChandlerR

Minister of Fire
Jan 28, 2009
Hampton, NH
My stove, a 2007 American Energy System, Magnum Baby Countryside AC model, has been working flawlessly for the past three years.(Except for the snap switch last month) Last night, my wife came in to the bedroom around 11pm and said that the stove didn't turn down after the thermostat was satisfied. I have it set up so that when it calls for heat, the stove goes to the heat setting on the board preset by me. In most cases I have it set to five (out of 6) When it gets the room up to temp, it drops to the default setting of one. You can hear the fan slow down when this happens. Last night it didn't drop down. I went out to check it out and the first thing I did was to put the stove in manual. I was able to slow the feed rate but the fan stayed on high. I tried a hard reset (Hold the on/off button for 7 seconds) and also cutting the power to the board and holding the power button for 10 seconds but still no low fan. In the thermostat mode, the feed rate changes as it should. In manual mode, the feed rate changes with the heat setting as it should but the fan speed stays the same. Why? No power surges, (I have a surge protector) no other electrical issues I can think of. I've never heard of such an issue. Obviously, something has failed. I looked at the board for some identification but couldn't see any manufacturers name. Here's the website for the Tech bulletins..
http://www.americanenergysystems.com/owners-manuals.cfm

Look for the Baby Countryside 2007 manual. I'm hoping I don't have to replace the board!

Any ideas?

Chan

Status
Not open for further replies.