A Weekend of 'Racing' in Wisconsin Dells

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
The school bus race. One of my neighboring farmers won (she is also a coach/teacher at the school). The kids thought it was great and all were screaming. (I might have done it just a little too!)
IMG_7819%20(800x600).jpg

IMG_7848%20(800x600).jpg

One of the 31 skid-plate racers. (they replace the rear wheels with metal skis)
IMG_7859%20(800x600).jpg

Kind of hard to control with skids on the back, as the following picture shows.
IMG_7882%20(800x600).jpg

The school buses that survived the regular race, then had campers hooked up to them and raced again! There wasn't many left after this race. It was hard to even see the track anymore, covered with debris.
IMG_7892%20(800x600).jpg

IMG_7914%20(800x600).jpg

And then there was the crane-drop. After dropping a few cars, they then dropped this full-size motorhome from 140'!

Having held a commericial bus driver's licence for many years, the whole notion of racing a bus cracks me right up. Lol. But the buses I drove (V8 Cat diesels) could HAUL...

5 point safety harness standard, or what?

(still laughing)

Ha ha! It was great fun to watch! Here is a short video of the buses in action:

Great pictures Quads, the wife loved it and said she would love to go and watch.

Zap

HMD

Out House Racing? Now that would be cool!

quads said:
Ha ha! It was great fun to watch! Here is a short video of the buses in action:

Awesome!

Ha! I'm sure there was a lot of beer involved in the invention of these races. There certainly was a lot of it involved with the watching of them! Even the announcer kept hollering something about beer over the loudspeakers, but by the end of the races I couldn't really understand exactly what it was that he was trying to say........

Status
Not open for further replies.