Accentra 52i brush sizes and lengths for full cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KenP62

Dec 22, 2022
Burlington, CT
I just went through my first ton of hardwood pellets with my new 2022 Accentra 52i-TC insert. I have had a wood stove for 10-years and love the pellet stove life. I am now looking to preform the first full cleaning which involves sliding the stove out, but I can't find any details on the size of the brushes or length needed for cleaning the interior vent tubes and the flue duct for this stove.

I just went through my first ton of hardwood pellets with my new 2022 Accentra 52i-TC insert. I have had a wood stove for 10-years and love the pellet stove life. I am now looking to preform the first full cleaning which involves sliding the stove out, but I can't find any details on the size of the brushes or length needed for cleaning the interior vent tubes and the flue duct for this stove.
Interesting, the previous model Accentra insert came with a brush.

Interesting, the previous model Accentra insert came with a brush.
Yeah, I think that they want you to call for service now rather than provide the tools and instructions to perform this portion of the cleaning yourself. Even the O&M manual that came with the stove does not get into this cleaning.

My Accentra 52i is a 2016 model and has a 4" vent, check your owners manual but I believe that is standard. Length will be determined by your specific install. Mine has a 4" liner that runs through an existing fireplace stove pipe in a chase, about 25' in length. I attached a picture of my brush and rod kit, I also have a few extra rod lengths to get my brush to the top of the pipe. Works good. I wouldn't think after 1 ton that you would need to sweep the flue? I burn about 5 ton per season and sweep the flue once usually in May/June.

20230115_182135.jpg