Accentra - Barefoot to Okanaga - Can I reduce airflow?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjstev01

Jun 25, 2008
South Shore, MA
Hi All, Been a while since I've posted. 3rd season with the Harman Accentra insert. Up to this point, have been burning Barefoots solely. Now have a ton of Okanagans. I'm used to and enjoy that full flame look, spread over the compass etc...Have noticed the Okanagans seem to have a smaller fire on similar setting to the Barefoots. Delivery guy (great guy) said I'd benefit from lowering airflow a bit with these pellets...that possible on the Accentra insert? Any help/advise very much appreciated. Thanks!

AFAIK, The Harmans air flow is adjusted by the control board and ESP. Only thing you can do is adjust the feed up some. What are you set at now?

um...no.

the computer controls all that. If you have a smaller flame, its probably because the OKs have more BTUs in them...more heat. The computer is adjusting the feed to get a specific amount of heat.

and you can't "turn up the feed rate". you can turn the dial up, but it won't do anything. Those numbers don't set a specific amount; they set a maximum amount. i.e. "no more than...".
The only time it should be monkey'd with is if you're using some kind of crap industrial pellets, that have very low heat and burn up too fast, and I don't even know where you can buy such a thing.

set the feed rate to 4, and just leave it. (as the manual says).

If you want a bigger flame, with less heat into the room, set it to "stove temp".

Status
Not open for further replies.