Accentra Insert track support

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Smokey

Oct 3, 2011
Northern Colorado
So far so good with our new Accentra Insert. It is kicking out plenty of heat and running smooth. I have been doing the weekly cleanings and they seem easy as pie compared to what is said in the manual for the big cleaning that I plan on doing soon. I'm getting close to burning a ton and will probably be there in the next couple weeks and I have to admit I'm a little intimidated by all the stuff that is stated in the manual. I don't mind tearing stuff apart but when it mentions close tolerances and such I get a little nervous. Anyways I was wondering if anyone has purchased and used the optional track support system for the Harman Accentra insert. My stove is a good 10 inches off the floor and when, just for fun, I pulled my stove out just a bit to see how it worked I realized that in order to pull it out far enough I am going to have to support it somehow. I thought about maybe using my floor jack but that could be a wobbly idea :) Has anyone purchased the support that Harman sells? How much does it cost? Does it work well or is there a better way of supporting my stove when I pull it out? Thanks everyone, hope you're all staying warm because it sure is cold here in Northern Colorado, got down to minus 8 last night and will probably get there again tonight.

We have the Accentra insert as well, and the clean out isn’t really as bad as they make it sound in the manual. I think they are very specific and a little intimidating to cover themselves from any hack jobs. I made simple support system out of 2x4s pieces which cost me less than $10. The two supports look like two upside down letter L The long side lines up with the track and the short end rests on the floor. If you get your lengths just right, the stove will slide nicely off of the track and onto the 2x4s since the thickness of the 2x4 (on its side) is almost the same as the rail . In our case, one end of the 2x4 is supported by the leg, the other by the hearth.

2 x 4 stand as described above. works great. I only do the big clean once a year - 4 or 5 tons.

Yes, I've purchased the track system and it is well worth the cost. I paid somewhere between $200 -$240 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.