adapter pipe question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Got my durango stove delivered yesterday, and getting ready to order my double wall pipe - do I need a small adapter pipe to go from the stove outlet to the first pipe section?

Also, by using two 45 degree angles to off set the pipe a bit , I assume I'll need a third 45 degree to connect it to the wall thimble? I need the stove to sit about 2 feet to the right off the thimble instead of being directly in front of it.

Thanks,
John

Either measure the collar on the stove, or ask the dealer you bought it from. I had everything ready to go before I picked up my stove, being 20 minutes to town with no guarantee parts will be in stock is an incentive to plan ahead.

I would think you would need a 90 or 2 more 45s, but I may not be clear on what you are doing.

Tried to go with our local dealer - quoted me 450 bucks for the 5 pieces I think I need. I don't mind paying 20% more to a local dude, but this is almost double what most places charge. Then on the way out he said "Hey I can give you a 20% discount...." He seems to cater to a better class of people. Had the same attitude when I wanted to get a pellet stove there. Cheapest was $2500 in 2005.

Nobody else local sells black - all stainless. Guess i'll get what I think will work, and take it back.and go from there LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.