adaptor connection to stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

f3cbboy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2009
rockland county, NY
i have a 1 yr old jotul F3CB that has black double wall pipe vented out the top of the stove. I have taken it( the stove pipe) apart on the inside for the 1st time to clean it (not the first time i cleaned it , just the first time i took it apart inside to do it) and when i pulled the adaptor out of the top of the stove, there was some furnace cement on top of the burn tubes along with some ash. Does the adaptor have to (required) to be cemented into the stove outlet? is this a recommended thing to do or just the path my installer chose to take? thanks

It doesn't have to be, but is a good practice unless the adapter fit is already snug.

Status
Not open for further replies.