Added another tool to help with my wood processing!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trailrated

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2009
Maryland
Kubota RTV500. Love it for hauling some firewood and it will be nice to be able to carry my tools such as chainsaw, gas, etc in the little bed. I just added a 4500lb winch for the front.

RTV500.jpg

RTV5003.jpg

RTV5002.jpg

I don't own one of these, but I do get to use one, and it is the bee's knees for hauling gear in and wood out.

Thats a nice tool!

Very nice, we have the rhino and use it all the time for haulung wood and clearing trails.

zap

Trail, that's pretty. Question: what's the width? I would like a trail-capable version, but from what I've read 50" is the max width?

S

thinkxingu said:
Trail, that's pretty. Question: what's the width? I would like a trail-capable version, but from what I've read 50" is the max width?

S

Specs say that it is 54.7 inches wide. Its width and overall size is why I chose it over others. I liked John Deere's gator but I also wanted something that could maneuver through tight spots in the woods.

Zap- I considered all brands including the rhino. Would love to have one, but I bought this for work. hunting, etc. Not saying the Rhino wouldn't do that, in fact the rhino is more trail capable than the kubota. I just felt the kubota' was really built like a tank for hard work. Plus, I have a Kubota tractor to go with it :)

trailrated said:
thinkxingu said:

S

Specs say that it is 54.7 inches wide. Its width and overall size is why I chose it over others. I liked John Deere's gator but I also wanted something that could maneuver through tight spots in the woods.

Zap- I considered all brands including the rhino. Would love to have one, but I bought this for work. hunting, etc. Not saying the Rhino wouldn't do that, in fact the rhino is more trail capable than the kubota. I just felt the kubota' was really built like a tank for hard work. Plus, I have a Kubota tractor to go with it :)

Never driven a kubota but you have a very nice machine and reliable company, you can't go wrong.

zap

Having driven a Kubota tractor and the Bangor FD Kubota RTV (for use with the National Folk Festival and other large scale events) I have to say this is a nice machine.

Congratulations trailrated. That is a nice machine.

firefighterjake said:
Having driven a Kubota tractor and the Bangor FD Kubota RTV (for use with the National Folk Festival and other large scale events) I have to say this is a nice machine.

What model RTV does the FD have? Im guessing either the 900 or 1100 w/ the diesel engine. Big difference from this little 500 gasser. This little giant is no speedster but shall work its tail off and that's what I bought it for. If I have the need for speed and ATVing, I'll hop on my quad.

Thanks for all the compliments gents :)

Very nice unit trail, enjoy it, as I am sure you will.

You are spoiled :)
Very nice.
Did you have a trailer also?
I've been thinking about making a basic wooden sled for winter use. It would help
drag logs too.
All that HP should pull one pretty easy.

Can you get a windshield for it?

I've thought of upgrading to a side by side, be good for hunting too. :)
Kubota has a good reputation. Didn't know they were making these.

bogydave said:
You are spoiled :)
Very nice.
Did you have a trailer also?
I've been thinking about making a basic wooden sled for winter use. It would help
drag logs too.
All that HP should pull one pretty easy.

Can you get a windshield for it?

I've thought of upgrading to a side by side, be good for hunting too. :)
Kubota has a good reputation. Didn't know they were making these.

I do have a trailer I use to tow wood also. Its roughly 4x6 with heavy duty trailer tires. At one time it was used on the street. I bought it used.
Yes, they make windshields for it and soft cabs!
I also bought this for hunting in mind. Put the deer right in the bed instead of tying them to ATV's rack. Plus hauling deer stands in and out of the woods will be easier with the bed. Although I am a little concerned if this machine will be able to conquer some of the terrain I go through while hunting. One reason I put the winch on. I will be upgrading to more aggressive tires though. The thing is 4wd with differential lock so it should do fairly well. Ground clearance isn't that great.

Looks good. I am interested in getting one for work, so I will be curious how it works for you.

trailrated said:
firefighterjake said:

What model RTV does the FD have? Im guessing either the 900 or 1100 w/ the diesel engine. Big difference from this little 500 gasser. This little giant is no speedster but shall work its tail off and that's what I bought it for. If I have the need for speed and ATVing, I'll hop on my quad.

Thanks for all the compliments gents :)

Not sure on the exact size . . . but it is a diesel . . . you should see all the gear they've got hanging off this thing . . . looks like a mini-fire engine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.