Adjust Craftsman carb

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootlegger

I have a Craftsman gas trimmer and a blower. They both have 2-cycle engines. I need to adjust the carb on the trimmer but the screws require a special tool. The heads are round with ridges or knurls around the outside. I checked the stuff I got with the trimmer, no tool. I looked in the manual, no tool mentioned. I wandered over to my Sears store, never heard of it. Called the Sears service line, spoke to three departments, none have a clue.

Seriously? Its not like this is some off-brand, they must sell thousands of these engines every year, all around the country. Surely I'm missing something here (along with Sears). What do I use to adjust the hi and lo on a Sears-mounted 2-stroke carb?

I just bought one about a month ago. Look for Poulan or Husqvarna part number 530035560. I bought mine at Jack's Small Engines for less than $5.

Thanks, I finally tracked it down about 20 minutes ago. I'll try locally before I buy off the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.