Adjusting the trim or the augar feed my Thelin Parlour 3000...any ideas???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigruckus

Jun 2, 2011
Northern Maine, Millinocket
Been getting use to my Thelin and I'm wondering where I should set my trim dial..I have used it at the lowest trim setting and I can still maintain a good fire with good heat output...flames will be 1" up to 5" high......seems to drop 3-6 pellets every 15 seconds...then I will adjust it up to 3/4 position...it will drop twice as much....higher flame and more fly ash.. Not much info in manual...also the dealer did set it at 3/4 position..I like the low setting...will save pellets over a burn time session....it also seems to throw less fly ash around in the firebox.bIt does state if the fire get to low it will shut the stove off..Just wondering about this..Forgot to mention that the stove is set at the LOW setting...my stove has 3 settings..Low Medium and High

I keep mine at the lowest setting all of the time except if I am burning a really bad pellet. Then I will crank it up some so the fire does not go out on the low setting. I never turn it up at all on medium, and I have only run the stove on high a couple of times to see how it does. If I turn it up on medium at times it will overload the burn pot with unburnt pellets.

ebengel said:
I keep mine at the lowest setting all of the time except if I am burning a really bad pellet. Then I will crank it up some so the fire does not go out on the low setting. I never turn it up at all on medium, and I have only run the stove on high a couple of times to see how it does. If I turn it up on medium at times it will overload the burn pot with unburnt pellets.

Thanks great info to get..not to many Thelin burner around..???...I'm burning MWP..seems like a great pellet..has good heat..ashes are alot I think..???....it's the only pellet I have used so far...it's my first stove also...I get ash build up near the door alot and the glass get fly ash..I do clean it everyday...but no clunkers...these MWP burn completely..I guess I'm going to have to try out some other brands..thanks for input...

bigruckus said:
.....I guess I'm going to have to try out some other brands..thanks for input...

Get 2-3 bags of as many different brands as you can find. They may be a bit pricey buying by the bag, but the info you'll have after test burning all of them will help you down the road.....knowledge is power. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.