Adjusting the trimmer pots

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
This years load of nut shells are a tad bigger in size (pieces) than last years materials.

The little prodigy has been doing OK but I felt that maybe it could do better.

The fire pot would be nearly full of coals by the days end and need a quicky swipe with the putty knife.

This has always been the way of things.

Tonight I decided to fool with the auger on time Pot and the Blow fan speed adjuster Pot.
Now the Prodigy uses the same blower for the room air fan as it does for the inducer.

There is a shunt pipe that pipes some of the air from the fan into the fire pot.

As the fuel rate is increased the fan speed increases.

This puts more air into the room as well as the fire pot.

Sooooo I decided to adjust the feed on time down to 1.5 seconds from 2 seconds and to increase the blower speed.

I cranked the blower speed pot all the way to the increase side.

Now the fire burns very low in the pot with very brisk yellow flames and a hint of blue at its base.

Before it was not bad, just better now.

Air temp from the vents is at or near 180F on low.

Now this is a very small stove, so it does not move a lot of air.

Amazing what a tiny bit of adjustment can do for things.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.