Advantage or DISadvantage of Slow Burning Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twojrts

Feeling the Heat
Jan 17, 2010
Bear. DE
Can anyone tell me the difference? They are hardwood pellets. Dealer says they are very slow burning.

I've never heard pellets described that way before.

What brand are they ? Chances are somebody here has tried them.

If I had to guess I'd say that a fast burning pellet is going to create higher heat where a slow burning pellet would be lower heat but really how much difference could there be ?

They are made by Tree Cycle out of Nazareth, PA.

Bag says: "Premium Hardwood Pellets." It also says BTU: Greater than 8.400 BTU

Thanks so much cncpro!!

Been reading and reading. I've turned the stove up and they seem to be burning better. Have a ton coming tomorrow.

My dealer is Swift Co., Rt. 13 SB, New Castle, DE. This is their first time with Tree Cycle pellets. $250 @ ton. Not bad considering they sold the Ligs last year for $325 @ ton!!

Got to head to work. Everyone have a safe and great day!!

I might add, that some really hard, dense pellets might burn slower, than say a softwood pellet that is less dense. Some sawdusts and mills compact to different rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.