Advice for new Stove for my Timberframe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Man

Dec 18, 2011
Spruce Grove, Alberta
I have been using a VC Acclaim for supplemental heat in my timber frame for the last 12 years. It needs a major rebuild, and the maintenance guy suggested I consider replacing it. My local shop suggested the PE Alderlea T5, but I'm wondering if a T6 may be more appropriate? Thoughts? I'm open to other brands as well. Our timber frame is 1100 sq ft on the main floor, but it is a story and a half, open above the full length of the house, with two ceiling fans. Is that the equivalent of 2200 sq ft? The area above the stove is 25 feet vertical, with the chimney running straight up. The house is well insulated. We use it a lot when it is cold, and here in Alberta, that is most winter nights. Minus 20 to 30 celcius is not uncommon.

Agreed, in your climate the T6 would be my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.