Advice Needed Down to Two Different Units

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BRSS

Aug 14, 2008
Sand Lake, NY
Okay, Thank you all for your help. I am one of the many newbies on the list, inspired by $4.80/gallon lock-in price for oil. I have no neighbors, more than enough forest land and I am within weeks of purchasing an OWB. It is down to the Greenwood Aspen 175 or the Sequoia e3300. Any advice would be welcome. I also noticed the Discussion about he Switzer, I assume this is an indoor furnace like Garn, is this wrong?
Both of these units are available in my area they are within $2000 of each other, they are both gasification and seem to have very similar stats.

Opinions welcome.

My E3300 will be shipped out early next week. Hopefully Wednesday or Friday after thanksgiving it'll be at my house. I was looking at the Aspen as well but my dealer could not give me a set time when they would have been available. The Sequoya looks to be very simple in design. Time will tell how all these EPA certified boilers work.

I have a western pacific i got four years ago that has done an ok job for us. In my search for another OWB this year for our home i found pacific western had gone out of business thus put me into the "search" mode.
I ended up buying a Taylor 750 . So far i am astounded by this stove. I am heating our home (65X 28), two furnaces, hot water heater, a 10,000 gal inside swimming pool and 450 gallon spa.
I filled it yesterday afternoon at 3:00 and just minutes ago refilled it again , this being 1:00 in the afternoon (22 hours) and the stove was still 1/3 full. The firebox on this stove is only 36" square and it has a 600 gallon water jacket. I keep the temp on the stove at 160 degrees . It got down to 15 degrees last nite and has been in the high 20's and low 30's all day. We have the house inside at 76 degrees.
If the durability is in this stove i will have had hit the jackpot with this one.

I've been on the phone with Jessie, at Sequoya many times recently, TRYING to get a grip on when my stove will FINALLY LEAVE WISCONSIN. The driver of the truck that will deliver it is actually heading east. He told me that some customers are NOT PREPARED to off load their stove that they have waited 14 weeks for!!!! why, ?? Thus, holding up the entire delivery. Why doesn't the driver just skip them and catch them, maybe on the way back.My installation contractor is beside himself, as I am, just what the hell is goin on, is all I can say!!! Of course, the holiday gets in the way too, why, I worked 99 percent of all the holidays in the last 33 years. Guess some are different and some just ain't. Anyway, if your stove is on this truck....you may see it next week early. The driver said 5 stops before me and he may not drive at all on Thursday and battle the holiday goin home traffic on Fri. I would've been FAR better off picking the stove up myself. It's only 1300miles. This experience, and it's not over yet, is the very worst episode of customer satisfaction I have ever participated in, in 35 years !!!! Good help is SO hard (impossible) to find. More later.........

I hear ya Ray. It's frustrating. Callie told me this week then I called Jessie and she said next week. I'm in the same boat. My wood is cut and stacked, pad is poured, pipe is buried, flat plate HX is hooked up...just waiting for the boiler. Keep the Faith and don't let it ruin your holiday. I bet if the driver gave those people not prepared to off load the boiler "2 hours or I leave", I'm sure they'd get it off in a hurry. I'm not sure why a company like that wouldn't have a ATV forklift with the flat bed though? That would make alot of sense to me if I was shipping heavy items that need to be placed on a pad. Oh well. Happy Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.