AE Ignitor finally went

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmith

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2009
Kutztown, PA
Came home tonight after work to a cold house. Thermostat said Missed Ignition, I knew right away I had probably burned out the ignitor. I unplugged the stove and then back in to do an auto clean and restart and sure enough no red ignitor. Luckily I had listened to Kap back when I bought the stove in Jan. 2009 and bought a spare ignitor. So when I pulled the new one out from its bag, the one wire pulled off of the ignitor prong. I had a hell of a time trying to re crimp the wire onto the prong, but finally got it. I am now sitting in front of a nice fire as I write this. I will be going to my dealer Friday to get a replacement for the burned out one as I got lucky in that it burned out with only 1 month until it is out of warranty. I wish it would have lasted longer, but if it had to go at least it went while still covered. So I guess all is well that ends well.

tsmith said:
Came home tonight after work to a cold house. Thermostat said Missed Ignition, I knew right away I had probably burned out the ignitor. I unplugged the stove and then back in to do an auto clean and restart and sure enough no red ignitor. Luckily I had listened to Kap back when I bought the stove in Jan. 2009 and bought a spare ignitor. So when I pulled the new one out from its bag, the one wire pulled off of the ignitor prong. I had a hell of a time trying to re crimp the wire onto the prong, but finally got it. I am now sitting in front of a nice fire as I write this. I will be going to my dealer Friday to get a replacement for the burned out one as I got lucky in that it burned out with only 1 month until it is out of warranty. I wish it would have lasted longer, but if it had to go at least it went while still covered. So I guess all is well that ends well.

You should be able to get an updated firepot under warranty to go with your replacement igniter. I would suggest this, I have seen it and it allows better airflow to the firepot for faster starts and better igniter life.

jtp10181 said:
tsmith said:

You should be able to get an updated firepot under warranty to go with your replacement igniter. I would suggest this, I have seen it and it allows better airflow to the firepot for faster starts and better igniter life.
You know, last year I burned corn and had a hell of a time with ignition, I was told about the new pot helping with corn lighting, so I suggested it to my dealer and they would hear nothing of it. So I modified my pot to look like the new one and the corn lit right away. Tonight I went to the same dealer to replace the ignitor and now he told me I can get the new pot as well. So I told him to order it. After all the fighting and goings on I finally won.

I don't think they had this new pot last year, it just came out over the summer or maybe early spring.

From the original pot they had an upgrade a while ago that was just drilling two holes in the housing and adding a washer. Now this new new pot has a huge slot into the fire pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.