AES Magnum Insert Agitator Bushings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the tool you need to bang out the bushings. There are two of them inline with each other and it takes a LOT of whacking with this tool to get them out and the new ones in.

Because the agitator is not fixed on a set position on the burn pot (i.e. run across the entire stove) the torque from the motor wears the bushings down prematurely on the inside. This causes the agitator to skip the burn pot up and eventually bind. The second picture is the old bushings

Usually after the shaft has been scraping inside the bushing for a while you will need to smooth it out and polish it back up or you will burn out the new bushings quicker than the first set they came with. I now have all of the tools to do this repair in the truck. Yeah!

2012-05-23_10-38-04_271.jpg

2012-05-23_10-36-59_452.jpg

2012-05-23_10-20-13_328.jpg

Reactions: DexterDay
Hi Scott

Where can you get this tool?

And to think, I have just cut a slot in the bushings for relief and used a socket of the correct size. They will usually slide right out.

Status
Not open for further replies.