After work haul.... at work.... easy pick-ins

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyscott

Apr 6, 2009
arkansas
I work for a large company. There is a grove of trees on our grounds in which they're doing some selective cutting. I saw some piles of odds and ends pieces so I figured what the heck and sent a message to our facilities manager. The response I received was to take anything left on the ground.

Just happenned to have my chainsaw in the truck yesterday.

As I'm checking out some piles, up drives the guy who proceeds to show me piles of wood already cut to length. Pulled up, loaded up, and on my way in 10 minutes. At least 2 more cords there for the pick-ins. Amazing thing is that there are 2500 people in our office and I'm the only person inquiring about wood.

Feel a bit guilty, OK not really....... I'm already 3 years ahead... soon to be 4 years ahead.

Wood is mostly white oak with some beautiful walnut mixed in.

Attachments

• wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 367
leftyscott said:
I work for a large company. There is a grove of trees on our grounds in which they're doing some selective cutting. I saw some piles of odds and ends pieces so I figured what the heck and sent a message to our facilities manager. The response I received was to take anything left on the ground.

Just happenned to have my chainsaw in the truck yesterday.

As I'm checking out some piles, up drives the guy who proceeds to show me piles of wood already cut to length. Pulled up, loaded up, and on my way in 10 minutes. At least 2 more cords there for the pick-ins. Amazing thing is that there are 2500 people in our office and I'm the only person inquiring about wood.

Feel a bit guilty, OK not really....... I'm already 3 years ahead... soon to be 4 years ahead.

Cant beat that!

Wow, nice score indeed!

leftyscott said:
Amazing thing is that there are 2500 people in our office and I'm the only person inquiring about wood.

In October (who , in their right mind does it now ?) , the wood burning percentage of those 2500 will want to know when you are delivering theirs. :)

billb3 said:
leftyscott said:
Amazing thing is that there are 2500 people in our office and I'm the only person inquiring about wood.

In October (who , in their right mind does it now ?) , the wood burning percentage of those 2500 will want to know when you are delivering theirs. :)

Be happy to.... for the right price. :)

No need to feel guilty. Better to feel lucky. Good find indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.