AGP overfeeds pellet and takes a few times to ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mgross

Feb 14, 2013
The burn platform fills with pellets but doesn’t ignite. The stove shuts down and throws a flashing green and red fault. I reset by unplugging or sometime just hit the stop button and it resets. I clear the burn platform and restart for a second time. The burn platform fills up spilling u burned pellets into the ash pan but typically starts on the second attempt. I clean the stove every week. Is it not getting enough combustion air? Is there a gasket leak that’s allowing too much air? Is it a metering issue that’s pushing too many pellets on to the burn platform too quickly. Once the pellets ignite the stove operates fine. OrginalLy I had it on a thermostat and it worked awesome for 3 years. I’ve had a tech out at least 5 time with no luck. They clean it push start and say see it works. The next day it doesn’t.