AHHH I am down to a 5 day supply of pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwyoung2007

Jan 2, 2011
Urbanette, AR
I am down to a 5 day supply of pellets. And we have well over a foot of snow, and just to the south of here has over 2 feet which closes this place down. Hopefully by the weekend I can get out and get somemore. I still have half a tank of propane. What pellets I have are the last of the 20 bags that came with the stove. I am going to start working toward pellet pig status asap.

I have to build a larger storage space but that is going to come at tax time. By next winter I shall have atleast 4 tons on hand.

jwyoung2007 said:
I have to build a larger storage space but that is going to come at tax time. By next winter I shall have atleast 4 tons on hand.

I should build a pellet garage and just store pellets. I am in the same boat with only around 20 bags left. Next week though its gonna be mid 60's all week. So not much burning

jwyoung2007 said:
i start to get nervous when i only have 4 tons left .good luck on your pellet adventures

jwyoung2007 said:
I am down to a 5 day supply of pellets..

Ooooph... Thats scary. I cant't say the same.. I,m sitting on almost 6 ton.

I was just wondering what kinda of selection of pellets you got in your area. NW arkansas is pretty close to NE Oklahoma

All I have been able to find right around here. Are OHP, fuel king, and Nature's Heat at walmart. I will probably goto Nixa MO, and pick up Ozark Oaks they seem to be the preferred pellets of some longtime pellet burners around here.

A northern giggle.. :)

For all my Ft. Smith kin.

Dont worry be happy.

next week in the 50-60's

I dont worry till the fires almost out.
Then I am off to the wood shed to get another bag.
30 bags left..
Pigs worry about their neighbors and sticky fingers...all that cheap heat laying around.

Taperbill said:
A northern giggle.. :)

For all my Ft. Smith kin.

Dont worry be happy.

next week in the 50-60's

I dont worry till the fires almost out.
Then I am off to the wood shed to get another bag.
30 bags left..
Pigs worry about their neighbors and sticky fingers...all that cheap heat laying around.

Bear traps with auxiliary teeth, electrified razor wire, and a flock of attack chickens takes care of any problems around here.

I was down to one day. Had to unload a thousand pounds of sand out of the truck to go get a pallet of pellets. Then load it back up. Moved four thousand pounds of material that day. Still wasn't as bad as shoveling 6 tons of roadpack last fall in the driveway. Gotta do that again this spring. I hate doin stuff the Amish way. I need a loader.

It is -15 here this morning. I actually had to turn the stove up to 4. I am loving the pellet stove. Supposed to be -5 overnight friday night and almost 50 saturday. I cannot wait.

Got about 3 weeks worth left here. I ain't skeered since there
are so many places to buy em in my area.

I am down to 6 bags and up here in ontario canada i have two feet of snow in my driveway everything else is covered in about 6 ft of snow with 8 ft snow banks roads have been closed for 3 days now......i am starting to get worried

I am a little concerned too! I am down to about 5 x 40 bags. I am going to try to get more this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.