Ain't it the truth that it's all about the pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xena

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2005
South Shore MA
Today I gave the stove the usual monthly cleaning - ash pan, firebox, behind steel refractory panels,
and ash traps. Since day one I've always cleaned the stove the same way and also after
around 4 weeks of 24/7 burning.
The majority of ash usually is in the ash pan, with about another 1-2 cups normally dropping when I tap
on the backside of the firebox. This time I notice far less junk coming down as I tapped.
Tapped a little harder still only about a half cup fell. Wth? So what was different this time?
mega.gif
The pellets.

This year I'm burning the Cleanfire pellets. Early in the season I had finished off approx.
25 bags of NEWP (green lettered bags). The NEWP brand produced far more junk that fell from
the back of the stove and the ash traps when I tapped. So, it really is all about the pellets and this Cleanfire
brand burns nice and clean - in my stove anyway. Really makes the cleaning a breeze.
Ymmv, but for me they rule the roost! Not that looks make a difference, but for those who like pics,
here's one of the two brands side by side.
pellet_pic.jpg

Happy Burning everyone out there in Pellet Land!

Zeta, as i remember, the green letter NEWP are softwood...have you ever run the red letter hardwood NEWP through your stove?

Hi Macman. No, I never have seen the red lettered bags but
I get them delivered from pelletsales.com so it's not like I shop
around. After seeing todays results I'm very happy with the
cleanfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.