Air filter on a P61A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigjim13

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2009
Central Vermont
Going into our 3rd year of burning and have learned alot on here about cleaning! Up until now I have been content to just vacuum out the air filter, it's kinda tough to get to on my P61A. Tomorrow though I will be biting the bullet and going at it with the intention of getting at the air filter better and to give it a good cleaning.

I assume, like most air filters, that is basically slides in and out after you get the cover off. How often does it need to be changed? Is it good enough to just pull it out, bang it off and vacuum it? What do you guys do?

Thanks!

air filter?? this is news to me...you do have a blower...with a fan on it, but no filter that i've ever seen. I like to use a paintbrush to loosen material and then vac the debris from the fan blades. it is odd to get to, mounted at that angle, but its just 2 bolts that hold it on, so I usually just unbolt it to get at it better.

Looks like an air filter to me, at least every filter I've ever seen. It's on the back, under a cover. I've never taken the cover off but I assumed it was an air filter. Of course now that I look at the parts list I see there is no air filter! LOL!

Learned something new again! What I took for the air filter is actually the distribution blower. So... I guess that's what I will be attempting to clean! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.