Air Space vent cap?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonShumway

Dec 14, 2010
Nebraska
Hello I am in the process of building a hearth for a tnc30 from overstockstove. I am building the wall shields using metal studs laying flat with two layers of cement board on top. Does anyone have any ideas if vent strips are made that can go across the top of the wall where the air space is? I would like something that looks a little better then just a gap on top of the wall showing the cement board and studs. Any ides are welcomed. Thanks.

Google for soffit vent strip.

Here is a pic of what I mean. Closest thing i could find are strips of soffit vents from Lowes.

Attachments

• DSC01761.jpg
    DSC01761.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 110
Thanks for the suggestion Lligetfa. Was posting a pic when you sent that. Was hoping for something a little more decorative. But I guess if thats my only option...

There are a lot of different styles. Also google for perforated iron mesh. A metal shop with a break could bend up what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.