Alderlea T6 alternative?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkberry

Feb 16, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hello,

I want to get a T6, but the local dealer isn't that interested in selling them.
What's a good alternative?

Thanks!

Preparing for winter in Nova Scotia!

A different dealer? (I'm sorry, I know I'm being flip, but it's just the first thing that popped into my impaired mind). Rick

fossil said:
(I'm sorry, I know I'm being flip, but it's just the first thing that popped into my impaired mind). Rick

Getting impaired myself, as well, on Australia's far-from-finest.

Yeah, I will be heading to Moncton to see the dealer-who-gives-a-damn. But I was just wondering.
what else is there in the T-6' class?

Thanks.....

not so cold (yet) in Nova Scotia

Your avatar has gotten me into a nautical mood, which isn't a difficult thing.
I'm off to youtube to check out maritime music videos (wife won't let me into the pubs...
stuck here, safely, at home)

Yeah, well, enough grog and I start singing some of the old chanties...much to my wife's chagrin. I'm no expert on the PE line, but there are certainly many on this forum who are. One of our moderators, BeGreen, burns a T6 and loves it, so far as I can tell. If you tell us more about the space you're planning to heat (area & layout), there may be lots of alternative suggestions popping up. Nova Scotia, eh? I wager it can get plenty cold there. Welcome! And stick with us here, more useful information than I've provided will be forthcoming...believe it or not. Rick

OK, well.....

it's an old house......a century or so.....they didn't seem to believe in insulation,
but it was retrofitted with cellulose in the 80's......they missed some spots though.
Anyway, a three story house, third story is not being used and is blocked off.
Basement is storage. So, basically, 1000 sf main floor, 1000 sf second floor.
A nice open staircase to the second floor. New oil furnace is available if I feel like
lining oilmen's and sheiks' pockets.

Looking for an overnight burn, if possible. Stove will be running 24/7 (we live boring lives...
home all the time).

Doesn't get much colder than -20 Celsius, but damn, it's a moist, bone-chillling frigidness!
Cold north atlantic ocean, worse than -40 in dry Alberta....much worse.

Although the T5 might get it done, I'd have to say the T6 is your best bet in the Pacific Energy line. Are there stoves from other manufacturers available in your area? Whatever the stove, you can take the square footage numbers advertised for the stoves with a large grain of salt...so much depends on the configuration of the space you want to heat. A stove that will heat a 2000 square foot wide open warehouse just fine is gonna have a little more trouble heating 2000 square feet of two-story house, as I'm sure you can well imagine. In general, so long as we're not talking about some one-room hunting lodge, bigger is better. Rick

I don't suppose I just watched and listened to you singing...? In any case, I love that music. The video of Rogers has to be older than 1983, obviously. Are you Ryan? Rick

thechimneysweep said:
But I was just wondering. what else is there in the T-6’ class?

Two VC's and a box of spare parts?

And a bottle of rum.

Aye, that he does. He surely does. Rick

All out of Poit Dhubh, are ya?

thechimneysweep said:
But I was just wondering. what else is there in the T-6’ class?

Two VC's and a box of spare parts?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the summit is a plain steel T6

Good luck with the T6 search. I called all over Moncton, Fredrickton, Sussex, St. John. None to be fouond. I actually got one in St. Stephen. What part of NS? Driving to Sydney next week from Maine. i just installed my T6. It's worth the trouble looking and traveling for it if necesary.

Status
Not open for further replies.