All before lunch.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Drove 45 minutes. Cut it up, loaded it up, drove it home, and split everything that wasn't pine (bout half the truckload).

Maybe I don't need hydraulics after all.

Wish I had a better picture of the walnut pile, camera on the phone failed twice. Got tired of trying, so this junky half-pic will have to do.

e3670661.jpg

aaab540e.jpg

46128be7.jpg

Nice mornings work there.

Can't think of a better way to work up an appetite ;-)

Nice work Dan!

Ray

Nice !

Shawn

Looks good Danno. I can just picture you with a splitting maul in one hand and a Fiskars in the other.

Nice job!

Thanks, guys. That oak is not going to be ready to burn, but I need it, so it'll be mixed with some of the pine. The walnut should season fairly quickly, and while it won't be the best, it should work.

This pine is killing me to split. Even using the electric splitter on it is tedious. Still have several rounds in the truck to split.

[quote author="Danno77" date="1312849743"]Drove 45 minutes. Cut it up, loaded it up, drove it home, and split everything that wasn't pine (bout half the truckload).

Wish I had a better picture of the walnut pile, camera on the phone failed twice. Got tired of trying, so this junky half-pic will have to do.

Nice work Danno, almost looks like the big guy (Quads) stopped over and lent a helping hand.

zap

zapny said:
Danno77 said:
Drove 45 minutes. Cut it up, loaded it up, drove it home, and split everything that wasn't pine (bout half the truckload).

Nice work Danno, almost looks like the big guy (Quads) stopped over and lent a helping hand.

zap
yeah, was trying to think of a way to give the pile perspective for size and thought of Quads. Thought it would be nice to put them both in there sice I used them both.

Danno; the maul on the left looks like it's been in the family for a few years, how many?

zap

zapny said:
Danno; the maul on the left looks like it's been in the family for a few years, how many?

zap
LOL, looks that way doesn't it? Looked really nice last fall. I can't remember if it's been two or three years now. Looks like that because I found it sitting propped up against the shed when I went to mow this spring. Sat outside all winter long.

I have never cut any walnut, none on my property, that is neat looking wood.

Nice Score... Pine is a PITA with all the branches. But when its straight, it does split nice. Like the looks of the Black Walnut..

Whats all the plywood for?? In the bottom of the Pic? Cant help but think we might be building something?? Maybe a Wood Shed.. Thats a lot of wood for a shed. So its gonna be a "BIG SHED".. LOL

It's the siding for the shed I'm building, but not a wood shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.