All In!! Pics added for your viewing pleasure!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bad0351

Jun 17, 2011
SW New Hampshire
I carried 3 tons of pellets into the basement today through the bulkhead!!

Pretty good workout!!

Dale

Attachments

• HPIM1734.jpg
    HPIM1734.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 658
  • HPIM1735.jpg
    HPIM1735.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 649
  • HPIM1736.jpg
    HPIM1736.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 641
Hi Dale

Where is the pic?

Here are my 3 Tons.
154 lbs Bags to be exact

_12_NEWPs_______________12x $3.55 = $42.60
_26_Stove Chow___________26x $3.55 = $92.30
_13_Logic-e______6_free_and_7x $5.00 = $35.00
103_Maine's Choice________103x $4.18 = $430.54
154___TOTAL________________________$600.44 is next winter's heat bill not including DHW. :)

Attachments

• 1.5TonMainesChoiceInGarageSC.jpg
    1.5TonMainesChoiceInGarageSC.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 754
  • SummerBas2011stashSC.jpg
    SummerBas2011stashSC.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 756
SmokeyTheBear said:
ROTFLMAO, 3 tons is hardly worth talking about.

There are pigs and then there are these hogzilla's! Hogzilla's should never pick or bully a wee little pig as they are your little cousin's. Nurture the pig and he'll one day grow to be a fellow hogzilla. After all we are all hording more than the needed seasons share! ;-P

a pig is a pig is a pig. Some just stuff themselfs more than others! Or should I say some need more help than the others! :cheese:

hey bear, jk-hehe! :lol:

pigs have been known to turn canibal..just sayin.

Slurp, OINK, OINK.

I see unguarded stashes, me thinks it is midnight requisition time.

But in the scheme of things three tons isn't a lot to move around. You just take your time and it is easy.

Yep, 30 bags > beer > 25 bags > beer > 20 bags > beer > 15 bags > beer > maybe tomorrow........

Whats the cut-off between a pig and a hogzilla?

doghouse said:

Read Smokey's Signature.... When you have 825 bags (16.5 TON) of pellets... Makes my 450 bags (9ton) seem like child's play....Youur a Big Pig when you cant find a place to put a single bag of pellets. But then you find a Spot. If stacked right, I can get 3-4 ton here..... Realizing, that getting rid of yours Wifes Washer and Dyer seems like a Good idea.

This room is not very large. I have a shade under 7 ton (Lignetic's) stuffed in here. Other 2.5 (2 ton of Easy Heats) ton is in the room next door.

Attachments

• crib 1.jpg
    crib 1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 526
  • Crib 2.jpg
    Crib 2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 540
  • Crib 3.jpg
    Crib 3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 526
Need a number system. example: 1 to 3 tons = pig. 3 to 6 tons = super pig. etc. Something like that.

doghouse said:
Need a number system. example: 1 to 3 tons = pig. 3 to 6 tons = super pig. etc. Something like that.

Do a search.. Its already out there. Pigs must do a little foot work.

Oh and to the OP.. Looks good. Great job. Everyone has to start somewhere. 3 Ton is a Great start.

tjnamtiw said:
Yep, 30 bags > beer > 25 bags > beer > 20 bags > beer > 15 bags > beer > maybe tomorrow........

Seeing as you are an elderly person and that my parents said I had to respect my elders I'll even go so far as allowing 1 bag > 5 minute nap > 1 bag > beer > 2 hour nap > 1 bag > and so forth ...

It gets done and you don't strain anything including the brew budget.

DexterDay said:
doghouse said:

Read Smokey's Signature.... When you have 825 bags (16.5 TON) of pellets... Makes my 450 bags (9ton) seem like child's play....Youur a Big Pig when you cant find a place to put a single bag of pellets. But then you find a Spot. If stacked right, I can get 3-4 ton here..... Realizing, that getting rid of yours Wifes Washer and Dyer seems like a Good idea.

This room is not very large. I have a shade under 7 ton (Lignetic's) stuffed in here. Other 2.5 (2 ton of Easy Heats) ton is in the room next door.

Well I still have plenty of room, I could order three ton tomorrow and only stack them into 1.5 ton stacks and not even kick the car out of the garage.

The way I figure it I don't have to worry about fuel or fuel prices for at least the next 3 years.

Once the snow flies here I don't want to have to bunker any thing that requires a lot of weight to get up the grade or anyone climbing over slippery rocks.

Likewise we maintain an old fashioned pantry. Now if the squash and tomatoes cooperate we are closing in this years supply. None of this dashing off to the store every couple of days.

Still on the list is a few batches of brew.

save$ can tell you what we've been up to the last several weeks as he is getting ready for the hoped for onslaught of tomatoes also.

doghouse said:

Ya got me there I seem to remember that imacman (aka macman, sometimes known as Pete) had that in his signature so I decided to clean up more space in the garage so I could more fully participate in the price stabilization of pellets with the other real oinkers.

There is at least one person on here who ordered a trailer load.

I was never a scout but being prepared just makes sense.

bad0351 said:
I carried 3 tons of pellets into the basement today through the bulkhead!!

Pretty good workout!!

Dale

Don't forget to apply for membership in the Pellet Pig Club, you need to talk to jtakeman, imacman, or kinsman stoves. Eric is supposed to handle the request but he sometimes doesn't pay attention, so jtakeman and imacman take up the slack. Be sure that you remit the brew supply funds errr I mean dues ;-) .

j-takeman said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
ROTFLMAO, 3 tons is hardly worth talking about.

There are pigs and then there are these hogzilla's! Hogzilla's should never pick or bully a wee little pig as they are your little cousin's. Nurture the pig and he'll one day grow to be a fellow hogzilla. After all we are all hording more than the needed seasons share! ;-P

a pig is a pig is a pig. Some just stuff themselfs more than others! Or should I say some need more help than the others! :cheese:

hey bear, jk-hehe! :lol:

;-P

SmokeyTheBear said:
tjnamtiw said:

Seeing as you are an elderly person and that my parents said I had to respect my elders I'll even go so far as allowing 1 bag > 5 minute nap > 1 bag > beer > 2 hour nap > 1 bag > and so forth ...

Seeing as how I am INDEED an elderly person, I forgot or maybe never realized that I was taking naps after the beers!!!! What day IS IT anyways??? :)

tjnamtiw said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
tjnamtiw said:

Seeing as how I am INDEED an elderly person, I forgot or maybe never realized that I was taking naps after the beers!!!! What day IS IT anyways??? :)

Doesn't your little pill box tell you?

Large-Seven-Day-Pill-Organizer-11355.jpg

AVIVIII said:
tjnamtiw said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
tjnamtiw said:

Don't mention those things, get exercise, eat right, have a brew or two, don't sweat the details, and you might not need those damn chemical supplements (that can by themselves do you in).

tjnamtiw said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
tjnamtiw said:

You are asking the elderly folks on this forum what day it is?

It is the first day in a batch of Company Best Pickles and it may also be a sour pickle day as well, depends on whether or not I want a nap this afternoon.

ETA: No sour pickles today, no nap either went out trying to scrounge up a blackberry or two.

I wanna play with the BIG pigs!!!

Just gonna take me a little while to get my act together!!! ;-P

AVIVIII said:
tjnamtiw said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
tjnamtiw said:

I forget to get my pills so that's no help! I only know where the Depends are!!!!!

tjnamtiw said:
AVIVIII said:
tjnamtiw said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
tjnamtiw said:

I forget to get my pills so that's no help! I only know where the Depends are!!!!!

That's important to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.