All the scrounge pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Fridays scrounge ,and now the work begins.

Attachments

• Wood 009.jpg
    Wood 009.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 326
  • Wood 010.jpg
    Wood 010.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 314
  • Wood 011.jpg
    Wood 011.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 302
Nice...Thats a lot of wood. Will keep you busy for a while.

Nice, where did you pick those up? Is it Oak?
Im working on a big scrounge right now too, got two truck loads this weekend and have at least two more to go.

Picked em up or will this week at a tree service,they aren't in the firewood business,everything goes in a tub grinder to make mulch. Only problem,I have to get them hauled to me in a dump truck,as most pieces are way too big to handle.

Almost a crime to mulch good stuff like that, much better split and stacked in your woodpile ;-)

ohlongarm said:
Picked em up or will this week at a tree service,they aren't in the firewood business,everything goes in a tub grinder to make mulch. Only problem,I have to get them hauled to me in a dump truck,as most pieces are way too big to handle.

Can you split on site ?

Absolutely cannot split on site ,liability issues. I've got a friend of mine who has a fleet of Mack dump trucks he's going to haul them for me,they will load me when I'm ready.this was not an easy accomplishment. I figure, I've got at least four years of my wood,add this to it and I'll be set awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.