Almost time to burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Minister of Fire
Stove and chimney is getting cleaned today

66 in the house this morning :coolsmile:

Not even CLOSE to time to burn, Salty.....just wishful thinking on your part. ;-) Winter will be here soon enough and we will all be wishing for those warm spring & summer months.

Oh, and that 66 °F in the house is a WONDERFUL sleeping temperature.

Ya......I have a new Harman P-61A but I'm in no rush to see how well she heats!!

Dale

66 inside your house? Don't think I've seen
it go below 75 in here unless I have the AC on.
Hoping to be a couple months away from
needing heat.

I will fire it up on one of the cooler nights just to make sure all is well. Don't want to find out I'll need some parts when it is time that I need some heat.
I had my furnace cleaned and found out some pump in it had to be replaced. I thought all was well when it shut down in March. You just never know until you turn it on. I am not too anxious to run the stove. Too early means more pellets to buy. I don't have a thermostat so when I burn pellets, my house gets really warm.

We will fire it up on one of the cooler nights just to make sure all is well. Don't want to find out we'll need some parts when it is time that we need some heat.
I had my furnace cleaned and found out some pump in it had to be replaced. I thought it was ok when it shut down in March. You just never know until you turn it on. I am not too anxious to run the stove. Too early means more pellets to buy. We don't have a thermostat so when I burn pellets, my house gets really warm. I usually don't like to run the stove on low because that often results in the stove running dirty.

Temps right now are close to the way I like it. Chilly mornings are wonderful, But still a bit to warm in the afternoon. I'll be a bit happier once the daytime highs only reach 70's. So not even thinking stove just yet, But I am always thinking pellets! :)

I go to my shop at 4:30 am or earlier every day. On a 250 nighthawk....if you ever see a 300 lb guy on a 250 it's me.

but it's nipple cold at that hour!

quote author="j-takeman" date="1314846583"]Temps right now are close to the way I like it. Chilly mornings are wonderful, But still a bit to warm in the afternoon. I'll be a bit happier once the daytime highs only reach 70's. So not even thinking stove just yet, But I am always thinking pellets! :)[/quote]

Salty said:
I go to my shop at 4:30 am or earlier every day. On a 250 nighthawk....if you ever see a 300 lb guy on a 250 it's me.

but it's nipple cold at that hour!

quote author="j-takeman" date="1314846583"]Temps right now are close to the way I like it. Chilly mornings are wonderful, But still a bit to warm in the afternoon. I'll be a bit happier once the daytime highs only reach 70's. So not even thinking stove just yet, But I am always thinking pellets! :)
[/quote]

Love those nighthawks... I ride a BMW R1200 GS year round. But I have a headed jacket...

j-takeman said:
....... But I am always thinking pellets! :)

No Lie there. Up at 3:00 a.m. to go into work early and still have to check in....

Always on the Hunt.... Always.

No stove firing here either. I hope thats at least a month Out. Very end of Sept, or begining of Oct. I hope to Save me some pellets this year. With the addition of the Woodstove, I may be able to just burn it for the 1st month or so?? We shall see. Jury is still out on how much of that heat from it is going to make it upstairs. So long as it heats 2 rooms in the basement( "Man-Cave" and Mama's Laundry Room).. It has done its job. But I have a feeling that 750-800 sq ft is gonna be a Cake Walk for that Stove.

I got the itch.... But I still dont want to scratch it.

DexterDay said:
j-takeman said:
....... But I am always thinking pellets! :)

No Lie there. Up at 3:00 a.m. to go into work early and still have to check in....

Always on the Hunt.... Always.

No stove firing here either. I hope thats at least a month Out. Very end of Sept, or begining of Oct. I hope to Save me some pellets this year. With the addition of the Woodstove, I may be able to just burn it for the 1st month or so?? We shall see. Jury is still out on how much of that heat from it is going to make it upstairs. So long as it heats 2 rooms in the basement( "Man-Cave" and Mama's Laundry Room).. It has done its job. But I have a feeling that 750-800 sq ft is gonna be a Cake Walk for that Stove.

I got the itch.... But I still dont want to scratch it.

Do you dream about wood pellet hunting or wood scrounging? hehe!!! :cheese: When I dreamt about wood scrounging my back hurt when I woke up! ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.