Alright Alright! You Convinced Me!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wkpoor

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2008
Amanda, OH
I've thought about it and after looking at some youtube vids I'm ready to try a new EPA stove. But I'm going to tippy toe first. About 3yrs ago I bought a US Stove magnolia for my wifes summer kitchen (really 4 season room). Its still in the crate. We only wanted a small cheap stove for out there. In my mind that was a way inferior stove to the smoke dragon in the house. In fact I bought it thinking it would be just enough for the 20x24 room it will be in. Turns out that has the secondary burn technology I've been reading about and was out in the barn the whole time new in the crate. Now I realize that is like test driving a Chevette while in the market for a Cadillac but it will be a really economical way to see first hand the new stoves and how they work. If I really like it then I'll have the bug to get something more and will off load the old Nashuas........hmmm possibly.

wkpoor said:
I've thought about it and after looking at some youtube vids I'm ready to try a new EPA stove. But I'm going to tippy toe first. About 3yrs ago I bought a US Stove magnolia for my wifes summer kitchen (really 4 season room). Its still in the crate. We only wanted a small cheap stove for out there. In my mind that was a way inferior stove to the smoke dragon in the house. In fact I bought it thinking it would be just enough for the 20x24 room it will be in. Turns out that has the secondary burn technology I've been reading about and was out in the barn the whole time new in the crate. Now I realize that is like test driving a Chevette while in the market for a Cadillac but it will be a really economical way to see first hand the new stoves and how they work. If I really like it then I'll have the bug to get something more and will off load the old Nashuas........hmmm possibly.

At the very least, it will give you something to mess with during the winter.

If you didn't already, get the blower - it's not really apples to apples comparing the two without both being used as intended; although looks like the new models come with one. GL-

moosetrek said:
If you didn't already, get the blower - it's not really apples to apples comparing the two without both being used as intended; although looks like the new models come with one. GL-

I'm pretty sure it is a radiant stove. So, he should be fine.

The magnolia will keep you good and warm and it is a radiant stove.

Corey21 and myself agree on the Magnolia. I'm heating my whole house with this stove. This is our first season with it and we love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.