aluminum flex tube

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slls

Minister of Fire
Jun 9, 2008
central maine Lat 45
Where would I find small diameter tubing for my out side air inlet. Dryer is way too big.

If it`s more than 6 ft you should consider using the 4" flexible aluminum dryer hose from Home depot then reducing it at the stove. It comes in 15 and 50 ft lengths.
John

Too big, need about 2 inch, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I guess people are buying the air intake kits.

Save your money and get the dryer vent if you think you need it. So far I have not found a house that needs the fresh air intake for a stand alone stove. I am not saying they are not out there but save your money for pellets. You will need it.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
Save your money and get the dryer vent if you think you need it. So far I have not found a house that needs the fresh air intake for a stand alone stove. I am not saying they are not out there but save your money for pellets. You will need it.

Eric
I`m inclined to agree even though I did install a 4" fresh air supply to my stove.
Theoretically it does make sense to install a fresh air supply and I can understand why it`s recommended , but few older houses are that tight where it would become a factor.
That said, I`d be very concerned if my house was built in the past few years where the newer codes require tighter seals and less heat loss followed by stricter inspections and enforcements than prior years have been.
John

My house is as tight as they come. It is only 3 years old and this house is actually to tight. I will be installing the fresh air intake.

Thanks for the reply, what is the price on the pu-fah.

Status
Not open for further replies.