Am i crazy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HouseCrusher

Feb 26, 2010
binghamton, ny
Was looking at the Oslo. Thought I had my mind made up. Then I got looking at Enerzone stoves. Am I crazy? Enerzone over Jotul? I must be nuts. Seriously though I got looking at them and the clearances work good for my application. I can get a bigger stove and still have it fit where I want for now. The oslo only has a 2.3 cu ft fire box? Anyone heard of enerzone? Are they a good stove or should I just stick with the oslo? I like the looks of the oslo better but if the bigger enerzone works better...

If you are talking about the Enerzone 2.9 then what's not to love about a 2.9 cubic foot N/S loading steel stove?

On the eighth day God created big honkin non-cat steel stoves. :coolgrin: And cast iron bath tubs.

SBI makes good wood stoves.

Blue/black Oslo here. Lovin' it!

Shari

Yes the 2.9 would work good. I have to heat about 1700 sq ft. I have room for the 3.4 but that might be overkill. 550lbs that thing is a monster. Just as long as they are good stoves. At least I have it narrowed down to these two.

Love my Oslo . . . but I say go with what you can afford, what you like the looks of and what you think works best for your own needs. The only crazy thing in my opinion are folks who have access to firewood, but still pay $2.50+ a gallon for oil . . . well that and folks who think OJ was innocent.

there isn't a dealer close to me, how do those Enerzone's compare price wise?

BrotherBart said:
If you are talking about the Enerzone 2.9 then what's not to love about a 2.9 cubic foot N/S loading steel stove?

On the eighth day God created big honkin non-cat steel stoves. :coolgrin: And cast iron bath tubs.

SBI makes good wood stoves.

+1, sbi makes good stoves

Its a north south stove? Doesn't that make the load burn fast or is it designed that way for a slow burn? Still like the looks of the oslo.

HouseCrusher said:
Its a north south stove? Doesn't that make the load burn fast or is it designed that way for a slow burn? Still like the looks of the oslo.

Nah. Not any faster when I am burning that way.

Go buy ya an Olso.

If your going to spend money on a 2.9, you should check out the 3.4 Enerzone. In our shop (not all shops sell at the same price) The 2.9 on a pedestal black door and ash pan sells for $1649. The 3.4 (which is a monster of a stove) retails for $1899, black door, pedestal, ash pan AND a BLOWER with a good convection system. $250 for the extra .5 firebox and the blower is VERY worth it.

Now, in regards to Enerzone VS Jotul as far as quality goes..and this comes from someone who sells Enerzone and does NOT sell Jotul (but did sell Jotul for about 10 years on Long Island) I would call the Jotul a better quality stove. Better fit and finish, a little more efficient, easier to control.

So, if it were my 1700 sf home and I could HAVE either stove, I would probably go for the Jotul, except I would go to the Firelight for the longer burn times. If I had to BUY one or the other, considering I'm barely keeping up on the house payments, I would buy the 3.4 hands down for BTUs for the dollar. That would be unless I could get a Firelight CB brand new for around $2000 or so.

By the way, I think I may have spoken to you on the phone..or it may have been a similar conversation with someone else.

As far as burn times go, even with that big 3.4 firebox, I had to make a mod or two to get 10 hour burns out of my Enerzone. You can always PM me and I can help you find a local dealer if you havent already found one.

Status
Not open for further replies.