Am I nuts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Have you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boobo0

Feb 24, 2011
Eastern Ma
Drove 220 miles round trip today from southern Mass. to Berwick ME to grab 2 tons MWP softies. Am I off my rocker or has anyone else done anything similar? Hoping I'm not alone on this one.

Have you tried them before you bought or just relying on what you've read here?

Out of curiosity, what did you pay?

Eh... Foolish? Na. One has to do what they have to do when it is in the best interest of their family and livelihood. Sometime this spring I'll be making a 200 plus mile round about for pellets myself.

Too far away to drive up for test bags, so I had to go on the forums opinions (which were very positive). I've been burning the blends with pretty good results, but I just wanted to try something "a step above". Plus a had the spare time today to do it.

$259 a ton

In a single word, yes.

You got it real bad, you need a 12 step program and a very large support group of folks that are not members of this forum.

OH sure, egg him on Bear :)

Fuel cost = $40? $60? Which puts you up to $279-$289. You prolly could have bought something as good or better at home. That said, there's nothin wrong with a good road trip.

Drove 220 miles round trip today from southern Mass. to Berwick ME to grab 2 tons MWP softies. Am I off my rocker or has anyone else done anything similar? Hoping I'm not alone on this one.

Why? where they indoor stored?

where in Berwick north Berwick , south Berwick or just Berwick ? i live in Ma but have a camp up in Limerick Me .

Hey Danny, one of a members' responsibilities on here is to help others who may be going down the slippery slope before it is too late.

In this case we may have failed.

Understand. Everyone needs a nudge in the right direction once in a while. Myself at times, have gotten a good swift kick in the rump. That being said - Ole Boy has to learn just like we all did and, hopefully still are.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
I have driven 200 miles round trip to to get pellets. Would've been 400 if my BIL didnt grab the 2nd ton.for me :)

There is this really nice Stove shop about 100 miles away. This guy named Eric....... lol

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
My limit is 100 round trip. Adds to much due to gas hoggyness. Now if a $300 pellet was on sale for say $200 I might strech the distance a lil!

But I had to vote your crazy! Just cause you hang here say that about ya! ::-)

Wow, and I thought I was nuts driving 60 miles round trip to CT for some GT when they were $209/ton. Not sure if I'll go any further then that for pellets. There's quite a selection in my area. Maybe next time pick up 4 tons to make it worth your time and gas. 2 tons just doesn't sound like it's enough for that distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.