Am I the only one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Tennessee?I've been here a month or so and have never seen another post or reply from Tennessee.Just wanted to know.Maybe thats why its hard to find pellets here?
Thanks,
Tony

Due to the climate of "Political Correctness" now pervading Americas Pellet Burning Community:
Kentuckians,Tennesseans and West Virginians will no longer be referred to as "HILLBILLIES", We must now refer to them as APPALACHIAN AMERICANS.

Franks said:
Then whats a redneck?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Your history lesson for today....

If you can catch the program on the History Channel, 'Hillbilly, The Real Story.' This program will tell you in detail where the term 'Redneck' came from. Briefly, it involved unionized West Virginia coal miners going up against the coal company thugs. This was as close to a war as you could get. The unionized coal miners wore red handkerchiefs around their necks to identify themselves. Thus the term 'Redneck.' This is a conflict that not too many people are aware of. Eventually, the US president ordered federal troops in to bring the conflict to a halt.

Now you know...
Tony

MassPelletburner said:
Due to the climate of "Political Correctness" now pervading Americas Pellet Burning Community:
Kentuckians,Tennesseans and West Virginians will no longer be referred to as "HILLBILLIES", We must now refer to them as APPALACHIAN AMERICANS.

I'II take that as a complement "I Think"???

MassPelletburner said:

Thank You! But we prefer Ridge Runners, Rednecks, or Hoopies. But overall, we are Mountaineers, with the highest mean elevation (1500 ft) of any state east of the Mississippi.

tony58 said:
Franks said:
Then whats a redneck?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Your history lesson for today....

If you can catch the program on the History Channel, 'Hillbilly, The Real Story.' This program will tell you in detail where the term 'Redneck' came from. Briefly, it involved unionized West Virginia coal miners going up against the coal company thugs. This was as close to a war as you could get. The unionized coal miners wore red handkerchiefs around their necks to identify themselves. Thus the term 'Redneck.' This is a conflict that not too many people are aware of. Eventually, the US president ordered federal troops in to bring the conflict to a halt.

Now you know...
Tony

did not know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.