American Wood Fibers premium pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aburress1223

Jan 10, 2011
Virginia
Does anyone have experience buring AWF (American Wood Fibers) premium pellets? I am wondering how these compare to other premium brands. These are all I have been able to buy locally here in Southwest Virginia since I bought my stove in 2009. Thanks

I burned one ton in my Harman last year
they gave off good heat but had alot of ash
Somersets seem to be the best in my stove
then Hardwood Heat from TSC, some clinkers

I was happy with AWF. They burned well for me. I have burned far far worse(and paid more for em!)! If the price is decent, I would buy again No problem!

I use AWF and they are a good pellet. They do have some dust to them while dumping but other than that they are as good as any other

I burned AWF pellets last year, and liked them. A bit dusty, as mentioned above, but otherwise I'd burn them if they were available in my area at the right price.

hey AW1223, I know what you mean , the choice of pellets is limited here in VA. I just tried the AWF that I got from a TSC. They burn hot but quick, i burned through them about twice as fast. I like somerset also but they are $100 more a ton. Right now I am burning Nations Choice be cause get them for $200/ton. They burn alot slower but alot of ash and not as much heat as the AWF. Other than that I havent seen any other pellets around here.

This is my second year burning pellets and AWF was my first ton. Since then I've tried as many different brands as I could,searching for that ultimate pellet.The more I try the more I realize what a good pellet AWF is .Not the greatest ,(haven't found that yet), but above average. good consistant heat , ash not excessive. Just my two cents

Harman accentra insert 8/09 install

Status
Not open for further replies.