American Wood Fibers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kbd627

Oct 25, 2008
Southern CT
Finished off my blazers from last year. I picked up a couple bags from Lowe's. American Wood Fibers. I've never seen so many clinkers in the burnpot. Anyone else have problems with these pellets? Have to check Home Depot and see what they have.

the H.D. up here only had penningtons they seem ok alot less dumping of the burn pot and seem to b pretty hot , im gonna try lowes and see what they have try burnin some of them

kbd627 said:
Finished off my blazers from last year. I picked up a couple bags from Lowe's. American Wood Fibers. I've never seen so many clinkers in the burnpot. Anyone else have problems with these pellets? Have to check Home Depot and see what they have.

I haven't seen blazer's in a few years now. Where were you getting them?

I burned a trial 2 bags of the AWF and they did pretty good. Blazers are softwoods and burn cleaner than hardwoods. Look into the Tractor supplies near you. See if the have Rocky Mountains. Some BJ's have Okanagan's. Check lowes for Eco Flames. That's about the only softies I think you will find in the bigbox store.

Got any pellet house's near you?

I burned a ton of the from October to December. Pretty good, no clinker problem. A few too many fines, though.

jtakeman said:
kbd627 said:

I haven't seen blazer's in a few years now. Where were you getting them?

I burned a trial 2 bags of the AWF and they did pretty good. Blazers are softwoods and burn cleaner than hardwoods. Look into the Tractor supplies near you. See if the have Rocky Mountains. Some BJ's have Okanagan's. Check lowes for Eco Flames. That's about the only softies I think you will find in the bigbox store.

Got any pellet house's near you?
Friend moved his business to a new location last year. A storeroom had about 20 bags of Blazers in it.I gladly took them off his hands for free. Don't know how old they were but had no problems with them. They burned fine,plus the price was right!
I only burn mine when it's really cold. In the lower level of a raised ranch. On lowest setting keeps family room at 70-74. If it's above 30 outside about 78. Works great when really cold. So I only buy a few bags at a time.

On the Pellet Quality note, i picked up a ton of Stove Chow from my local Home Depot and they are TERRIBLE!! Firepot loads up. The reason i bought these is because i bought 10 bags off a felow on CL and they burnt GREAT. I am trying to get HD to take them back, probally won't tho. I better try and find some barefoots.

Wood-E said:
On the Pellet Quality note, i picked up a ton of Stove Chow from my local Home Depot and they are TERRIBLE!! Firepot loads up. The reason i bought these is because i bought 10 bags off a felow on CL and they burnt GREAT. I am trying to get HD to take them back, probally won't tho. I better try and find some barefoots.

Stove Chow pellets, AKA... Stove Crap.

As far the OP issue with AWF, I test burned a few bags and liked them....no clinkers at all, good heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.