American Wood Fibers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neversink

Jan 5, 2011
NY
Any feedback on AWF please. I can get them for $209 a ton. I'm a bit nervous w/ what may happen to pellet prices by next season and was looking into getting me a couple tons for shoulder season. Are they worth buying?

Neversink said:
Any feedback on AWF please. I can get them for $209 a ton. I'm a bit nervous w/ what may happen to pellet prices by next season and was looking into getting me a couple tons for shoulder season. Are they worth buying?

I would say at that price get them as long as they were not stored outside. AWF does store some pellets outside at their mill also. Yes prices will go up this year.

Eric

Still burning I assume? Grab two bags and try them
before dropping the coin on tonnage. Just my 2c.

My main pellet for the last 3 years. In my stove, better than last year's green label Ligs, similar to Somersets.

I got a ton of AWF from our local co-op for same price. They did good heat wise, but for really cold temps I used the green team gold. So for a shoulder pellet they are good. In fact that's what I've done with mine, been burning them last week or so since temps went up and have 20 bags left. I'd say go for it.

Neversink said:

I had good luck burning some AWF last year, and wouldn't hesitate getting them at that price for shoulder season burning.

BTW, where are you located? Just curious where you found the AWF's in NY.

Got a ton of them for $210 3 weeks ago seem to do OK in my Harman. I'd prob get them again. Now I'm trying PA Pellets, got a ton of them for $225 from the stove shop, stored outside, and I have to say they burn really well on low.. and the ash is a lot darker than AWF

I had good luck with them, Except the last ton I bought. There burned great, only difference was they were LOOONG. Some of them approaching 3", with an overall average of 2"

Attachments

• AWF pellets.jpg
    AWF pellets.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 289
  • AWF's pic 3.jpg
    AWF's pic 3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 295
Thanks for the info guys, looks like nothing but pretty positve feedback. Again I'm only planning on these for shoulder season. I'd like to get a hotter BTU pellet for the really cold months.

imacman: I'm up by Monticello. Woodpellets has them.

Neversink said:
......imacman: I'm up by Monticello. Woodpellets has them.

OK....yep, I did see them there. Thought you found a local source. I'm near Newburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.