An idea for Pellet Stove cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJPellet

Minister of Fire
Sep 6, 2011
Western NY
Hi,
While cleaning my pellet stove I was getting some ash, carbon, etc. out onto the floor and wanted something to catch it all. So I went to Lowes and bought a canvas drop cloth. I cut the drop cloth to fit up the sides of the stove and then used duct tape on the cuts to keep the canvas from unravelling. It's been working phenomenally and I wanted to share it here. After I finish cleaning I take it outside and just shake it out. Then fold it up and put it in my toolbox until the next cleaning. Cost four dollars and some cents. And, as always, the stove should be "cool" before laying anything like this around the base. Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 518
  • 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 496
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 498
Great idea...I sometimes make a mess...but I have a rubber type floor so I wipe it up...just be careful not to get any hot ambers or ash on that cloth. I use an old boot tray in front of my door to catch some of the ash...

I like it! Red Green would approve, too.

That would be good for the cord wood burners using Sooteaters to clean their chimney from the inside of their stoves also. Gonna do it myself.

Thanks.

When I open my door to clean the stove some ash falls to the hearth I just vacuum it up with no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.