And so it begins again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagey

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2008
Middle TN
I've started filling the shed again, moving a little from the barn each weekend.

Front view, red oak on the left, a mix of pine, gum, and maple on the right:
shed_front_2.jpg

Red oak c/s/s in the old hay barn since Feb 08, should be righteous come December or so:
red_oak_1.jpg

Two rows of pine and the start of a run which is a mix of gum and silver maple:
pine_mix_1.jpg

My not so even spacing on the red oak:
oak_spacing.jpg

Better on the pine?:
pine_spacing.jpg

Looking good! How much wood do you burn in TN per season?

rdust said:
Looking good! How much wood do you burn in TN per season?

We average 3 cords. It would be less with better insulation/windows/floor plan.

Looks good to me Pagey.

zap

Looking good, nice set up you have there!

Lookin good, Pagey!!! I like the wood shed!

I can't take credit for that shed. My dad showed up with the materials, and my best friend showed up with an air compressor and a nail gun. I have NO skills. And by "NO," I mean like negative 233498. However, I can hold stuff, measure, almost drive a nail, screw down tin roofing, etc.

What do you mean you have no skills Pagey?! You definitely have many skills! They just don't happen to be in carpentry.

This reminds me of so many times I'll be talking to someone and they tell of so-and-so who is so darned smart. It is usually in something like carpentry or mechanical work or electrical and they put them on a pedestal because they are so much better.... Bull! They are no better than you are; everyone just happens to have different experiences. For example, I know very little about electricity but just because I happen to know many who know more about it than I does not make them better than me. Better at just that one task but not better overall. I also have a neighbor who has many skills that I do not happen to have but at the same time he is constantly coming to me to help solve some problem; especially with his computer. lol

Backwoods Savage said:
What do you mean you have no skills Pagey?! You definitely have many skills! They just don't happen to be in carpentry.

This reminds me of so many times I'll be talking to someone and they tell of so-and-so who is so darned smart. It is usually in something like carpentry or mechanical work or electrical and they put them on a pedestal because they are so much better.... Bull! They are no better than you are; everyone just happens to have different experiences. For example, I know very little about electricity but just because I happen to know many who know more about it than I does not make them better than me. Better at just that one task but not better overall. I also have a neighbor who has many skills that I do not happen to have but at the same time he is constantly coming to me to help solve some problem; especially with his computer. lol

I can claim to have some computer and networking skills. The day jobs consists of network administration and information security. I do, however, wish I had carpentry skills. They're so darned handy, and they can be a huge money saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.