And Yet ANOTHER Fantastic Ebay Deal: PB105, $9500.00!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
This same chucklehead is at it again. A Harman PB-105 boiler, minimum bid $7500.00, "Buy it now" $9500.00. Nucking futs!

:lol: Hmm...If I had the time, I would post on ebay my stove just to get a rise out of you!!!...ROFL...it could be someone on this forum putting that on ebay for sheetz and giggles...

Ossy said:
:lol: Hmm...If I had the time, I would post on ebay my stove just to get a rise out of you!!!....

Or one of my Exxon stock certificates....

Nah, I just get a laugh out of things like this as there is some fool out there who will buy at that price. And Bart, since you are such a big Exxon supporter, thought you would like to know about an article in today's NY Times about their bleak future. Seems that their man sources of oil are being nationalized by countries that are bitter enemies of the US, such as Russia, Iran and Venezuela. Instead of developing renewable energy sources such as wind, solar biomass etc., Exxon is like a drunk, stumbling around looking for their next booze stash. What ever happened to Yankee ingenuity?

richg said:
Instead of developing renewable energy sources such as wind, solar biomass etc., Exxon is like a drunk, stumbling around looking for their next booze stash. What ever happened to Yankee ingenuity?

Not quite sure where it is an oil company's business to develop alternative energy sources. Any more than it is a solar panel makers job to go poking holes in the ground.

In the 70's the oil majors spent a fortune on alternative energy investments and everybody bitched about them using their ill gotten oil gains to "corner the market" on alternative energy. They ended up writting off billions when oil prices dropped again and everybody forgot about alternatives.

Yes, and in case you wonder, they sign my retirement check every month. I was there for that last "why aren't they doing anything" mess.

"Taking on the world's toughest energy challenges". Guess whose slogan that is?

Hint: www.exxonmobil.com

Status
Not open for further replies.