Another CL Gem - check out how we measure cords in Michigan.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she believes her husband, she probably can't estimate 6 inches either.

Any idea how pine got classified as an irregular tree?

SolarAndWood said:
Any idea how pine got classified as an irregular tree?

HA! Clearly the pine is not as high in fiber as the "regular" trees.....but with this kind of volume does it really matter what type of wood it is?

Ahhhhhhh Rockford.....a fine place to be. Bet you don't have any irregular wood in Rockford! ha.

Scrounger said:
Yep, I saw that ad this morning too. I liked the comment about the non pine being regular wood.

Did you see the add for the walnut too? I responded but haven't heard anything back....could have been a nice score there...maybe you beat me to it. ha.

I wish that amount was a half a cord because that would mean that I'm beyond way ahead! Not only that, but if my wife ever posted she didn't want me doing something on CL, I'd be right out there doing it. Even if I had to die afterward.

I saw the walnut. Nice big piece. It looks like it might be surrounded by a fence. I didn't even reply. I think I'm pushing 25 cords so I'm not taking anything unless it's all gravy.

On the flip side . . . at least they're not asking $30 or $50 for this "half a cord" of regular and irregular wood. :)

Scrounger said:
I saw the walnut. Nice big piece. It looks like it might be surrounded by a fence. I didn't even reply. I think I'm pushing 25 cords so I'm not taking anything unless it's all gravy.

25 cord? My God Man.....I can only assume you live north/north east of 10 Mile? I'm located due west of downtown. I'd have to fill my basement and my bathtub with wood to find room for 25 cord....

The guy was probably thinking face cord. That's how they sell it around here, 4x8 face cord, 3 face makes 1 full cord if it's cut to 16" splits.

stee6043 said:
Scrounger said:

25 cord? My God Man.....I can only assume you live north/north east of 10 Mile? I'm located due west of downtown. I'd have to fill my basement and my bathtub with wood to find room for 25 cord....

I'm actually just a bit north of Algoma Ave & 13 mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.