Another Craigs List funny

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/for/2768942089.html

"1 Cord of chopped wood for sale. $150.00 if you pick it up, $200.00 if you want it delivered. The wood came from a tree that fell during the freak snow storm in October. So it has had some time to cure and is ready to be burned.

Willing to do local deliveries around White Plains, and suburbs of White Plains."

Seasoned for two months, ready to burn!!!! I'd jump on that if I didn't have about 13 cords at the house now....NOT!

LOL, yup, should be bone dry by now !! ;)

Ah, but Flatbed . . . this isn't seasoned wood . . . this is cured wood . . . and everyone knows cured wood is the best wood -- right up there with cured bacon, ham, etc. :)

wonder what the upcharge would be to deliver it to me here in the holler?

But he didn't say if it was a "face cord" or "cord". Lol.....oh wait, that's a different thread!

he said freak October storm, so maybe he meant the surprise storm of 06?
I don't think the storm made it out that far though... think it was just the western NY area though.

And most folks won't know better. We are a fairly unique bunch! Cheers!

Who "chops" wood anyway? What did he use, a hatchet?

firefighterjake said:
Ah, but Flatbed . . . this isn't seasoned wood . . . this is cured wood . . . and everyone knows cured wood is the best wood -- right up there with cured bacon, ham, etc. :)

cured wood refers to the fact that the wood had some form of ailment, but has now been cured.

artmos said:
wonder what the upcharge would be to deliver it to me here in the holler?

I thought a holler was, "HEY!"

The only way it could season that fast is if the leaves are still on it, you know, 'cause they suck the water outa the wood as they dry up!

I wouldn't want it. After being chopped and cured for two months, that stuff will be TOO dry;)

Boy, do we have a bunch of comedians here or what? Glad my coffee wasn't done yet. Great Laughs. Thanks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.