another dumb. question....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bad0351

Jun 17, 2011
SW New Hampshire
Hey guys......what the heck is the shoulder season?????

Dale

north of 60 said:
Spring and Fall. Cool in the Am requiring heat and warm enough in the afternoons that heat is not required.

Thankyou, Ill get the lingo eventually....

Dale

ALTERNATIVE Definition: Shoulder Season

It is the season when one or fewer bags need to lugged into the stove room every day.

Or in other words you get to slowly break into serious pellet bag shouldering season (aka Winter when you need to lug a bag or two on each shoulder every day)

Well I have heard the term many times, but since I use nut shells in my stoves, I use the term
"Small bucket time"

During the winter the stove gets a 5 gallon pail full in the morning and a top off later in the day, followed up with a top off before bed.

During the spring and late fall a pail full may last for a week or more with intermitent fires..

The old railroaders (Steam days) called a tiny fire, just enough to keep the boiler warm and enough steam up to get going within a short time a

SPOT FIRE

On occasion I will use the term in the spring/fall. Yup, had a spot fire this morning or eavening.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.