Another Econoburn on line

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kgryder

Jul 23, 2008
NC
After just over a month of installation I built my first (small) fire in my EBW 100 today. With just three pieces of maple and some scrapes I heated my 120 gal. superstor up to about 130 deg. So I'll have a wood heated shower later tonight!
I still have some wiring to do to be 100% complete, should have my relays and wire tomorrow to finish up.
My original schedule was to be finished by Thanksgiving so I'm a few days behind.

Also Econoburn doesn't have the U shaped refractory in the gasification chamber like they show in the photo below. I called and asked why I didn't get one and they said they have change the design and just use a sloping design in the bottom. It seems to work ok today.

Sounds like you're off to a good start. I love those wood-fueled showers.

kgryder said:
After just over a month of installation I built my first (small) fire in my EBW 100 today. With just three pieces of maple and some scrapes I heated my 120 gal. superstor up to about 130 deg. So I'll have a wood heated shower later tonight!
I still have some wiring to do to be 100% complete, should have my relays and wire tomorrow to finish up.
My original schedule was to be finished by Thanksgiving so I'm a few days behind.

Also Econoburn doesn't have the U shaped refractory in the gasification chamber like they show in the photo below. I called and asked why I didn't get one and they said they have change the design and just use a sloping design in the bottom. It seems to work ok today.

The change in the refractory shape is to help avoid bridging (when the wood at the bottom burns out and the wood on top gets stuck, failing to feed itself into the fire) The change from a curved surface to a straight slope should help alleviate that condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.