Another Home Depot deal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_t

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2008
SE MI
Walked in to rent a rotary hammer, and they had a 6401 sitting there for $194. It was new in 09, rented 37 times, but was out for repair for 82 days this spring. It was straight gassed, according to the rental guy. It was rented three times since it was rebuilt. Started on the third pull and runs perfectly. Now I don't have to swap the 20" and 28" bars on my 7900. Quite excited :cheese:

Thats a buy!

Very pleased. I'm actually pretty happy with the 7900-ms270 combo, but this will be nice.

jeff_t said:
Very pleased. I'm actually pretty happy with the 7900-ms270 combo, but this will be nice.

Yea no need for a pit stops grab another saw! lol It truely will speed things up.....

how much wood you burning a year I have the same set-up?

smokinjay said:

7-8 cords. Hopefully that's gonna be a lot less. I'm doing a bunch of work right now to get the BK in place. Also been tightening things up a lot.Got a 1600ish sq ft ranch out in the wide open.

jeff_t said:
smokinjay said:

7-8 cords. Hopefully that's gonna be a lot less. I'm doing a bunch of work right now to get the BK in place. Also been tightening things up a lot.Got a 1600ish sq ft ranch out in the wide open.

10-12 here but heating water and 2600sf so sounds like where inline there.

Wow. I have to stuff that furnace every 5-6 hours when it's below zero and windy. I set an alarm for 2-3 am. You must have a cot next to it :bug:

jeff_t said:
Wow. I have to stuff that furnace every 5-6 hours when it's below zero and windy. I set an alarm for 2-3 am. You must have a cot next to it :bug:

No the gf up by 5am and I will stay up till 11:30 or 12:00. Now under heavy loads we will burn Black locust and hickory seasoned well. Now heating the water takes more btu's and the extra sqft.
Thats starting mid Oct-Mid to Late May! Holding off til Nov this year! I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.