Another "Low Pressure" in Ak to hit the E coast.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Another Low pressure areas in the Gulf of Ak to make it's way to the East Coast on Sunday.
Forecast another coastal storm maybe.
Amazing to watch how the weather here effects the East Coast.
The Jet stream set up is just right,

32 & cloudy today, trace of snow.
Single digit temps here start Friday

Looks like up in our area we won't see much, but things can change.

zap

We've got a slight warmup coming next week, then temps start dropping to mid teens overnight the last week of the month.
zap, I still have a small bit of pine left. I'm still on the plan to finish that and the maple by the end of November.
I'll check again later today, tomorrow. Forecast will have changed, almost guaranteed.
That's ok though, we know it's coming.;)

Reactions: zap
We've got a slight warmup coming next week, then temps start dropping to mid teens overnight the last week of the month.
zap, I still have a small bit of pine left. I'm still on the plan to finish that and the maple by the end of November.
I'll check again later today, tomorrow. Forecast will have changed, almost guaranteed.
That's ok though, we know it's coming.;)
I just need until the end of November without any heavy snow so I can haul another 4-6 loads of Cherry & Sugar Maple (I hope) from up top.

For the first time last night when I was telling my wife how much more wood I wanted to cut she looked at me sort of different! :oops:

Got ~4" of snow at work (Los Anchorage) over the weekend. Nothing at my house.

Not looking forward to the single digits temps and 30-40mph winds they are forecasting for the weekend. Makes it not fun to be working outside.

Keep them coming . We've had great fall weather here other than a straight week of light rain from Sandy.
Id take a fall like this every year. 10 day forecast is nothing but sun.

7 -day: Partly cloudy & cold . 2° low temps at night teens for the high temps thru mid next week
Nice seeing the northern lights & stars. Just have to bundle up to go out & look ;)
7 hours of daylight.

1wtr1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.