Another newbie here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy,
I've been running a p38 Harmon since 2006.Here in Tennessee its hard to find a good choice on pellets.When you do find them they are on the high side.
Two questions--(1)Any pellet burners in middle Tennessee know where the best prices are.Lowes and H.D. don't stock pellets here in Nashville.(2)Anybody tried to buy pellets direct from the pellet factory in Collinwood, Tennessee.That would be --- Greenway Premium Wood Fuel Pellets!
Hassell & Hughes Lumber Company, Inc.They are around 100 miles from me.Usually 75 bags will get me through the winter,not this year.Down to 14 bags with alot of cold left to go.Any pellet deals down this way let me know...
Thanks,
Tony

Try contacting Hassell & Hughes Lumber Company directly. Some mills do sell to the public, But its at there discretion! Some "only" sell to wholesalers and distributers though.

Also try calling some local, independent lumber yards, I have had good luck in that area. Prices are generally reasonable and sometimes you can even work out a 'contractor' discount.

First off.. Welcome to the Forum.this is wonderful place, full ofgreat people and information.
As for the question at hand... I don't know how close you are to Kentucky, but both Somerset's and Kentucky Kernel are made just north of you in Kentucky. Never tried the Kernel's... But can tell you after burning 3 tons of Somerset's this winter, they are a great pellet and they were Cheap too. $175 a ton at Menards here in Northern Ohio.
Wish you the best of luck

I sent —- Greenway Premium -- (Hassell & Hughes Lumber Co) an e-mail to see if they sold to non-dealers.They wrote back and said they sold in truck loads onlt @ $125.00 per pallet.I'm guessing that their truck would hold 20 pallets or so.They didn't quote the min. number of pallets.
I have a plant nursery here,so I might consider the offer.Depends on how many would be the min.purchase.
The cheapest I found pellets here today was $5.49 per bag or but a pallet and get 10% off,wow.
AM I the only one from Tennessee on here?No wonder pellets are so high here,supply and demand...
Thanks,
Tony

It's amazing that you are right where Greenway pellets are made and Lowes doesn't carry them. I bought four tons of Greenway pellets from Lowes in Clemson, SC for $3.74 a bag this month! I'm set for next year. Write to the home office of Lowes and ask why they don't stock Greenways when they are made right there and other Lowes in the mid-South stock them and have them on sale. It worked for me to get the low price! They wanted $6 a bag!

tony58 said:
I sent —- Greenway Premium -- (Hassell & Hughes Lumber Co) an e-mail to see if they sold to non-dealers.They wrote back and said they sold in truck loads onlt @ $125.00 per pallet.I'm guessing that their truck would hold 20 pallets or so.They didn't quote the min. number of pallets.
I have a plant nursery here,so I might consider the offer.Depends on how many would be the min.purchase.
The cheapest I found pellets here today was $5.49 per bag or but a pallet and get 10% off,wow.
AM I the only one from Tennessee on here?No wonder pellets are so high here,supply and demand...
Thanks,
Tony

I live in Cleveland, TN. The cheapest I found pellets here is $5.99 per bag or buy a pallet and get 10% off.. Greenway Prmeium made in Collinwood, TN.. At Tractor Supply.. Guess we are just getting ripped off. Best regards, Zimmie.

Status
Not open for further replies.