Another newby question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

referee38

Mar 27, 2011
Eastern Pa
I have my P43 in room temp mode and most of the time it seems a fan keeps running when the room is not calling for heat today everything shut off and it seems like the room temp. is cool enough for the stove to start but is has not done so. Is this they way it should be?

Ed

referee38 said:
I have my P43 in room temp mode and most of the time it seems a fan keeps running when the room is not calling for heat today everything shut off and it seems like the room temp. is cool enough for the stove to start but is has not done so. Is this they way it should be?

Ed

That's how mine works. If my temperature is set at 70* the stove won't come on til it's down to 67* or so. The fan you hear running is the combustion blower. That will stay on for a while after the fire is out. When the ESP probe gets to a set temp the combustion blower will then shut down. My combustion blower sometimes runs an hour after the last fire before shutting down. It depends on how fast the stove cools down after reaching the temperature that the user selects.

Just for fun you could switch the stove over to "manual" mode once everything is fired up and going. In this mode the stove will never completely shut down. When there is no call for heat it will go into a stand-by mode and maintain a low flame, then when heat is called for it will increase the fire size til temperature is reached then it will cycle down again. This mode uses more pellets though. Just thought I'd mention the manual mode. I've been experimenting with my P43 a lot.

ITS normal the prob is like 3 to 5 degrees off,

Thanks for the information.
Ed

PJPellet said:
referee38 said:

Ed

That's how mine works. If my temperature is set at 70* the stove won't come on til it's down to 67* or so. The fan you hear running is the combustion blower. That will stay on for a while after the fire is out. When the ESP probe gets to a set temp the combustion blower will then shut down. My combustion blower sometimes runs an hour after the last fire before shutting down. It depends on how fast the stove cools down after reaching the temperature that the user selects.

Just for fun you could switch the stove over to "manual" mode once everything is fired up and going. In this mode the stove will never completely shut down. When there is no call for heat it will go into a stand-by mode and maintain a low flame, then when heat is called for it will increase the fire size til temperature is reached then it will cycle down again. This mode uses more pellets though. Just thought I'd mention the manual mode. I've been experimenting with my P43 a lot.

Mine does the same thing, makes me feel more comfortable knowing that it is normal. I'm going to put it into manual mode tonight to see how that works out. It's supposed to be in the low 20s tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.