another pellet Q

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped at the local True Value last night and they had Power pellets on sale for 189.00; 3 ton min. Talked to the manager and I know he said they are re bagged, but I do not catch who he said from.
This is one of the places I get my Ligs from and they are usually pretty reasonable.
Curious, does anyone have any info on the Power pellets? Even though I am not able to buy 3 tons at this time.
Yeah, I know get a couple bags and try them out. But this is just a brand of pellets I have never heard of.

Man, at $189 a ton when prices are skyrocketing, I'd have a few bags burning right now even though it's 80 degrees outside! Then SOMEHOW get the $600 to buy for next year!

Check this thread and PM the OP. They just got there stove and a ton of power pellets. Only member I have seen burning them.

If you do go get some to try post some comments for the rest of us. Sometimes one member has to be the guinea pig for the rest of us. :)

Tj, I wish I could come up with the funds. But I have been on disability for the last year and pellets are a month to month consumable right now.

J, I did a search earlier and came up with this thread that said Power pellets are O'malleys re bagged, it was the only thing I could find: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/55004/

I may go get a couple bags next week and see how they work out.

This seasons O'Malleys were supposed to be better than last seasons from what I hear. Last seasons were below average heat and high ash with long pellets in the mix. I was going to burn a few to see if they got any better than what I tested, But running out of time. Please do share your thoughts when you burn some. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.